There was a time when people would place herb and flower-scented satchels in their drawers to keep it fresh and smelling nice. I don’t know if people still do it or not, but I’m bringing it back. I like a nice-smelling drawer when I go to find my favorite t-shirt or a pair of socks. You can buy satchels at specialty stores or dry your own flowers and herbs to make at home. . . or you can do it the super thrifty (and possibly even lazy) way.
You know all those pull-out perfume samples sent to your door via advertisements, magazines, and newspapers?
Thanks to my mom’s creative genius (she’s the true thrifty one in the family), I pull out the ones I like and use them to scent my drawers . . . easy and FREE!
- Three Easy Ways to Get More Out of Your Perfume (bellasugar.com)
- Jo Malone Scent-Sational Surround Sprays (bellasugar.com)
- Everyone Has a Unique Scent “Blind Spot” (bellasugar.com)
- Thrifty Thursday … Be Resourceful (simplifybysara.wordpress.com)
- Overview of Thrifty411 (boldstate.com)