When I run, I sweat. When I sweat, I stink. . . there’s no way around it. Unfortunately, even though I wash my clothes after each run, some have a lingering odor that is just not pleasant. For my thrifty tip, I had intended to find a way to take care of that odor without buying expensive, specialty laundry detergent. After scouring the web, I decided to try a baking soda method. According to one source, soaking your running clothes in a mixture of 1 cup baking soda and water, then washing as usual would amend the problem. Maybe I am sweatier than the average girl, but said method failed. The odor still lingers. I am not giving up yet . . . I will find a thrifty way to take care of this! I currently have my running clothes soaking in a mixture of 1 cup white vinegar and water. I’ll let you know tomorrow how that turns out. Any other ideas?
- Eco-friendly laundry tips (mnn.com)
- Look of the Day: Nifty Thrifty (fabsugar.com)
- Eliminating Odor In A Boys Bedroom (heartfelthosting.wordpress.com)
- Tasty Thursday: Unusual Uses for Everyday Food (ctworkingmoms.com)
- MyMove™ – Using Household Items to Remove Carpet Stains (mymove.com)